Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New Sun Cookies

There are many mornings when I just can't seem to get ready fast enough. Can't find the right clothes, can't find socks, car keys misplaced...for those types of days, it's great to have a convenient, on-the-go breakfast or snack.



Some weeks, I make muffins or power breakfast cookies for these days (which are starting to become almost everyday). But some weeks, it's just too much of a hassle for me with other things going on in my life.



Enter New Sun Cookies. These treats are packaged in groups of three which make for a quick breakfast on the go. There are several varieties to choose from and I think they work with varying degrees of success. The high fibre, meal replacement and energy cookies were excellent. They were crunchy, but not too crunchy and the texture was very pleasing. But the type of cookie I was most interested in was the sugar free - 92% fat free variety. Unfortunately, these were a bit of a letdown. They tasted a bit like eating sand (probably from all the wheat bran). They were also very crunchy (much more hard then I like), but I did find myself satiated from the treat.

Overall, I like these cookies for their convenience and high nutritional value. I think they make a great meal replacement, but I wouldn't consider them an indulgent snack.

No comments: